Preventive Actions & Nutrition
Wherever you are indoors (home, office), keep the atmosphere humid enough (at least 65-70% humidity) by using humidifiers that spread vapor into the air or opening windows when it rains, for example. The main reason why viral and bacterial infections are much more frequent in the winter, and not in the summer, is that during the winter the indoor air is too dry because of overheating. The overheating dries the mucosa (mucous membranes) of the respiratory tract (throat, larynx, bronchi, and bronchioles of the lungs). As a consequence, the mucosa becomes much thinner and fragile, allowing millions of viruses to penetrate easily into the body, overwhelming the immune system. When the air is humid enough, the mucosa of the respiratory airways thickens, and resists much better against viruses. Much less or no viruses can penetrate them and the viruses that do, are easily neutralized by the immune system.
Your immune system
- Drink a lot of water (> 2L/day)
- Follow an anti-inflammatory diet (fresh vegetables and fruit, steamed or boiled meat or chicken), avoid all sweets, unsprouted grains, and milk products that calm down your immune system
- Sleep sufficiently
- Take several immune-enhancing nutritional supplements:
- A high-dosed multivitamin supplement
- Vitamin A 25,000-100,000 IU/day depending on the levels in lab tests
- Vitamin D 10,000 IU/day
- Vitamin C 1-2 g/day
If you are already suffering from a viral infections an ideal nutritional treatment would be during the first 5 days of a Coronavirus (or other types of infection)
- 50,000 IU/day of vitamin D3
- 5 to 10 g/day of vitamin C (following tolerance; excess produces diarrhea)
- Vitamin A 100,000 IU/day
- Iodine (as Lugol 5%) solution: 5-10 drops/day.